- Easy / medium difficulty
- Duration 4-5h
- April - October
The river Mrežnica is widely known as one of four Karlovac rivers. Although it is much shorter than the Dobra, the Kupa and the Korana many experts agree that it has a very special place among other Croatian karst region rivers
What separates the Mrežnica from other karst region rivers are its 93 travertine waterfalls crisscrossing the river and creating lakes between them. Although these waterfalls can't compete with those found on Plitvice Lakes or on the Krka with regards to height, they are certainly unique in their ruggedness, diversity and beauty. The phenomenon of travertine barriers is the key feature of the Mrežnica.
We start our journey in Keići near a bridge that was destroyed in WW II. Down river in Jankovo Selište we can see a raft which is used daily to ferry people across river to Gornji Zvečaj. A pontoon bridge in Gornji Zvečaj, downriver of Puškarića waterfall, is another interesting object and the spot where our trip ends. The flow of lower Mrežnica is a lot calmer and therefore ideal for one-day family trips during the summer months to escape from city heat. It is open to all ages, from 7 to 77 to experience a different Croatia.
This trip does not require any previous experience, children as young as 6 are welcome to join their parents.
We use professional SOTAR rafting boats for up to 12 people. An experienced skipper is in charge of training and safety of the crew of each boat. The boats are equipped with a watertight container for cameras, mobile phones etc. Every participant is given an oar, a safety vest and protective clothing in the event of cold or windy weather.
For kayak/ canoe trips we use inflatable Hypalon kayaks, model Sit on Top for two adults and a child. Kayaks are very stable and easy to use. Each group has one or two guides, depending on the size of the group.
Groups of 4 – 30 people,
trips for larger groups organised upon request.
If clients request a trip for less than 4 people in a group, the price of the trip is 20% higher per person.
- Arrive at destination
- The ride to the starting point on the river
- Preparation and instructions for trip
- Start of trip
- End of trip
- 01.04. – 31.10. (every day)
- 190 kn (25 €)
- Price includes:
- Price does not include:
- Transfers; upon request
- Raft, mini-raft, kajak (depending on water levels)
- On request.
- The abundance of waterfalls, greenery and clear, warm water - that's Mrežnica, one of the most beautiful rivers in Croatia ...
- Central Croatia, Zvečaj, restaurant Zeleni kut
- Zagreba (70 km), Rijeka (110km)
- rafting, kajak, kupanje
- 4-5 h
- 09:30 h
- 15:00 h
- Spring and summer are usually warm and sunny. From May to October temperatures are pleasant to stay and activities in nature. The possibility of rainy periods always has and it is necessary to bring appropriate clothing and footwear for bad weather