- Easy / medium difficulty
- Duration 4-5h
- April - October
- Zrmanja (map)
Carving its way through limestone rocks for millions of years this beautiful river created fascinating geological and hydrological phenomena such as canyons, travertine barriers and water runoffs created over thousands of years by heavy rains.
Our adventure begins in Kaštel Žegarski where we enter the canyon carved through large monolithic rocks. At Panin Kuk, where Zrmanja is joined with its tributary Krupa you can see the ruins of an ancient fortress. Strengthened by the waters of Krupa river, Zrmanja changes its character and leads us to the highest waterfall on the river (11 meters). Combined with magnificent landscapes this travertine giant will undoubtedly capture any adventurer. The canyon ends at Ogarkov Buk and the river flows through the valley down to Muškovci waterfall where our adventure ends.
Get to know Croatia as it really is – gorgeous, untouched...ktivnosti:
This trip does not require any previous experience, children as young as 6 are welcome to join their parents.
We use professional SOTAR rafting boats for up to 12 people. An experienced skipper is in charge of training and safety of the crew of each boat. The boats are equipped with a watertight container for cameras, mobile phones etc. Every participant is given an oar, a safety vest and protective clothing in the event of cold or windy weather.
For kayak/ canoe trips we use inflatable Hypalon kayaks, model Sit on Top for two adults and a child. Kayaks are very stable and easy to use. Each group has one or two guides, depending on the size of the group.
Groups of 4 – 30 people,
trips for larger groups organised upon request.
If clients request a trip for less than 4 people in a group, the price of the trip is 20% higher per person.
- Arrive at destination
- The ride to the starting point on the river
- Preparation and instructions for trip
- Start of trip
- End of trip
- 01.04. – 31.10. (every day)
- 280kn (38€)
- Price includes:
- - Guide - Equipment - Insurance
- Price does not include:
- Transfers; upon request // Lunch
- Raft, mini-raft, kayak (depending on water levels)
- On request.
- Wild river with beautiful canyon
- Kaštel Žegarski, river Zrmanja
- Zagreba (271 km), Rijeka (225km), Split (130km)
- rafting, kayaking, swimming
- 4-5 h
- 09:30 h
- 15:00 h
- Spring and summer are usually warm and sunny. From May to October temperatures are pleasant to stay and activities in nature. The possibility of rainy periods always has and it is necessary to bring appropriate clothing and footwear for bad weather.